Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Inlandia Institute Workshop-- October 14 2010

Posting this raw because I believe in the creative process.. and it is raw as well as ugly.



Prompt--


I could have married that liar, but I didn't, because his words were quite cheap and poorly constructed; however, the drink he ordered for me was sweet. It truely did make the room spin. I barely remember that we did have a good time, but by morning, decision made, I left him alone with my head held high.


Prompt--

personal ad(Too close to home.)

Golddiggers need not apply. Looking for companionship and a partner for life, and putting something like this on the printed page is near impossible. No stalkers, or I get a partularly large and vicious dog to name Bubba just for you.

--break--


I know that posting our ads from this exercise onto craigslist won't really do any harm, and could draw attention to this workshop of hers, however, for some reason, it feels wrong.

Actually, I lie. I do know what's wrong. I think it was "the leader's" whole "freak the mundanes" mentality, and attitude that I have never liked.

The leader would probably explain it away as she was merely being playful.I have participated in art projects, and I know what she's doing. It is a college level exercise that I am participaing in, and there is something about the whole college thing that doesn't quite sit right with me.


The superior attitute which says, "I'm smarter than you so there!" to anyone who does not happen to share the accepted, liberal, "college" point of view of life. It's an attitude I find ultimately selfish and highly irresponsible. It resulted in the failure that is "women's liberation", which gave us weak males which now dwell in their mother's basements until their forties instead of supporting families; and girls which whore their bodies on the internet as soon as they arrive a puberty; and children literally sold into the slavery of ongoing sexual abuse so that their so called liberated mothers could enjoy the company of any available males.

That is no liberation. That is a lie. And that is why I rejected it long ago and explored more "conservative" ways. (Ah.. The liberation of canning one's own labors for one's own consumption.)

_______

Prompt--

everybody is addicted something, the love letter.

I could loose myself in this, where everything makes sense. I suppose that it has a name, for I have heard of something called "zero point", where everything is connected. I find it when I search my canvas and strive to reveal the thing that I see, that is when I am connected to everything. The canvas itself is not important, as it can be anything, really.

One time it was simply the stupid hole I was digging, angrily mostly, because I could find no one to help me. The soil was hardened clay and I had to swing a pick ax. For a garden.

Today it was laying bricks.

_____

100 bucksGreen peppersCucNo tomatoes, got too many already--need to can em or eat em!!Chili MinstronePastaPasta PastaCheeseCheese cheeseApplesOh yeah-- Veggie soup in a canPotatoesMaybe they have coriander- nopeSettle for Parsley- member to plant itBread, yep- cause I lazyChicken or fish? ____

No comments:

Post a Comment