Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Today's post

I awoke this morning the wispy cheeping sound that was as much like a tired wheeze as it was a buzzer. The faint chirping continued steadily, and I scrubbed my mind through the swirling chaos of waking. The annoyance niggled me enough that I had to sit up on my elbows, and as I peered at the shadow draped corners of my room, I could not place the source.


I mean, all the outlets in my immediate view were free of electrical plugs, and, excluding the overzealous dust spider overtaking the window, I was alone. I was wondering if the cat managed to pounce a bird in its impatience to be fed, but that explanation just didn't fit the sound quite that well.


I narrowed my eyes, and with a start that shook the bed frame, scrambled to my feet. It took me precious moments to sweep down the hall, but I plopped myself before this computer screen, and the green flickering plane spilled forth a mess of gibberish.


You see, the noise was from today's post. Near as I can figure, millions of tiny gremlins got a hold of it and were screeching as they drowned in a sea of data.


Sigh.
Sent via a stray supercharged nano particle of unobtainium....

No comments:

Post a Comment