Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Clang! Continued.. Part 5

Cecilia swung madly with the blade in her hand, and with a savage grin, it thunked into something meaty.

She heard a deafening bellow, and something struck her fingers so hard that they went numb. She lost her grip on her blade and she heard a clatter of metal skipping across stone.

With a muscle straining lurch and a hearty shove of her feet against the cracked concrete wall, she squirmed away from under the weighty thing on top of her.

"Miss Jones..!" She heard Chief Smith say, and watched the flashlight beam angle at the low ceiling before the man's face hovered into her view. She took in a breath in the dimness, and huffed freely a few more moments before she rose to her elbows to look at what had trapped her.

Flaccid pale flesh with tufts of brown fur thrown in odd patches. Four knobby legs that ended in hooves. She eyed the boney skull, and the squiggly pulsating mass upon which a small weeping wound dripped a dark liquid. The thing had no eyes, no mouth, and yet it sounded like it was whimpering.

"What is.." She breathed.

"Mind cow." The Chief said tonelessly.

"Mind cow." Cecilia repeated dully with a wrinkled nose, finding herself unable to tear her eyes away from the thing for several breaths. She then took in a sharp breath, noticing just how large the creature was. The hole it fell from should be at least as big, she thought hopefully, and darted her glance upwards.

The low ceiling was just as smooth as ever.

"How in the world.." She began, and glanced towards the chief. "That thing fell on me.. But there's no opening.. no.. "

The chief's gaze fell, as if he were examining his shoe with great interest.

"Chief." She snarled. "You said this was your lab.. How did it get here? To squash me..?!"

"Um.. I didn't know.." He said.

"You don't know?"

"I didn't know what it would do.. I think I.. Well I love gadgets, see? I found this thing in a shaft by my garage that seemed to be made from all sorts of bits and, well, pressed a few of its buttons and...uh.."

Cecilia narrowed her eyes.

"I found myself here. All sorts of..Things...people.. have been popping in down this old corridor ever since." The chief continued.

Cecilia swallowed thickly, and turned her attention back to the whimpering beast. She recalled the blinding flash she had been enveloped by before the world as she knew it became this damp hall of broken concrete and darkness.

"This isn't on my property, now is it?"

"No." He answered softly. "I suppose it's not. Nor on mine."

"Where then.?"

"No idea." He said. "I'm sorry."

She nodded stiffly.

Sent via Blackhole

No comments:

Post a Comment