Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Today's post...prompt: turtle.

I lost it. I truly did.


I placed today's post on a rather large rock in the yard as I had found a weed sprouting in the flower bed.


I hardly want my musing to get all mussed up with clinging dirt that nestles among errant rootlings, for how could anyone ever enjoy reading them that way?


Anyhow, the deed done, weed drooping over my victorious fist, I turned about to retrieve the printed page. Only, it was gone; Completely vanished along with the rock it rested on.


I darted my eyes around the yard, thinking I was simply mistaken. Off to the side, near the flat plane of a decorative fence, I spied movement. As I turned fully, I found great clumps of dirt flying into the air.


My errant stone was busily digging, for it was, in fact, a rather large turtle. As I approached, fascinated by the presence of such a creature in my yard of all places, it raised its ancient wrinkled head to regard me.

In its mouth was a ragged sheet of paper. I truly suppose the pulp could have been the hoary remains of my post, but I shall stick with my original claims: The post is lost.


The turtle has earned its name, and I think "Dug" is highly appropriate.
Sent via a stray supercharged nano particle of unobtainium....

No comments:

Post a Comment