Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Thoughts on Inlandia, Riverside Workshop

It was after I wrote this down that I realised that I have a reallly suspicious mind. I was not kind at all; however, I will let this little rant stand.

++++++++

Nothing tells you that you don't matter all that much quite like someone not bothering to remember your name.

I witnessed political meandering occurring at the christmas gathering today. Our host is obviously very well off, as the house was glorious to behold. So is the Indian doctor who happens to be a poet. There are several teachers. An ex-policewoman. The fact that such professions are present tell me her fawning over them is an obvious, though subtle, ongoing effort to garner donations for this project.

There are also few sycophants, and "exotics" as well, originally from the leader's classes I suppose. Unlike myself, they were introduced. I can't help but think perhaps the leader likes to collect such about herself to make her feel as though this venture is somehow a genuine one.

It is no wonder this leader can't seem to remember my name. I am neither rich, nor an exotic foreigner. I am certainly not a synchophant. I do not fit into any neat, plastic, category. I suppose that to her, I am not worth the effort to even see past her ridiculous obsession with keeping the California desert pristine.

Perhaps producing my own project like I originally planned is the best course of action after all. Sent via a stray supercharged nano particle of unobtainium....

No comments:

Post a Comment